Monday, December 5, 2011

How We Celebrated Sports Day!

By 6A Reporters: Amanda, Aydan, Petter, Philip and Sophia

Sports day! A beautiful thing in IES Hässelby that we want to keep on doing until it becomes a tradition. It took place in October 2011 and everybody in our school participated. We had sports day in a place called “Maltesholmsbadet”. We had four big teams that we’re competing with each other. It was the Romans team (yellow), the Celts team (green), the Raiders team (red) and the Cavaliers team (blue). Everyone had coloured clothes that represented there teams. The principal, Ms. Schäfer was in all the team so she had a rain jacket with all the colours on.

All the students ran 3 km and played lots of games.  But unfortunately the weather wasn’t so good. It was cold so many people was freezing.

After a long day, in the evening, every team got a toffee. It was Overall Champion (the Celts), Team spirit, Game Champion and Best dressed.

Interview with the principal of IES Hässelby Ms. Schäfer!

How did you discover this idea?
“It wasn’t I that discovered this idea. All the schools have sports day but other schools have only two sports day per year but we have three because I love sports day so much!”

Do you like this idea?
“I don’t like it, I love it”.

Where did you buy the colourful rain jacket?
“I didn’t buy it. Ms.Spiro made it to me because I couldn’t have only one colour”.

Do you like how the teams are divided?
“Yes. I like that brothers and sisters are in the same team and the parents too”.

Do you look forward to next sports day?
“Yes. I can hardly wait. I look forward especially to the winter-and the athletics sports day in February and June”.


                       
Interview with PE teacher in IES Hässelby, Mr.Remires.
We did an interview to see if Mr.Remires like the sports day.

You were in the Romans team. Why?
“Because my name starts with R”.

Do you like the sports day? Why?
 “Yes, I like the sports day. Because it’s fun to run and it’s fun to see teacher and students have fun”.

We asked two girls called Alice and Hanna in 6A what they think about the Sports Day.

Witch teams where you in?
“Both of us were in the Celts” said Alice and Hanna.

Do you think the teams was good divided?
“I like the teams” said Hanna.
“I think that the teams must be more mixed” said Alice.

Was it fun to run?
“Yes it was fun if we were not hurt. But it was hard” they said.

What can the school improve to next time?
“Choose a warmer day and warmer food."

Do you look forward to next sports day?
“Yes”.

No comments:

Post a Comment