Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Join a club!

Reporters: Saga Ahlberg, Hilda Mikaelsson, Hiba Bitar, Carolina Hagman, Elvina Haghverdian 7C


Do you want to join a dancegroup? Or maybe a music club?Soon you can!

In many American and Canadian schools there are a lot of groups in school, such as cheerleading and American football. IESH wants to have a school where you do more than just study. All the teachers are very involved in different school groups.
The principal Ms Schäfer has visited students sport activities outside school, such as hockey matches and a dance show.

Our school

Ms Schäfer, ‘It’s difficult to have clubs when everybody ends different times, but I really think it would be fun with some more groups!’At the moment IESH has choir, bookclub and craftclub but other groups are maybe also going to start.
Ms Gauthier, teacher, ‘I´d like to start a dancegroup. I´ll have dance in ‘Choice’, so then I can see if there´s any interest. I would also like to have a bookclub for the older students.’
Mr Joyce, music-teacher, ‘I have started the choir. I don’t want to start any new club at the moment, but maybe when we got more instruments. The groups are good for new opportunities.’

In the choir are they now practicing for ‘Lucia’ the 13 of December.
Senior Pardo Garcia has also thought about starting a Spanish drama club!
Many students would like to join a club, and it’s a lot of ideas: Drama, Music, Football, Chess, Quiz, Movie and much more!
Samira Gomes, 7a, ‘I would love to have a music and drama club, and I will absolutely join if one starts!’
Fredrika Hagman, 5b, ‘I want a Quiz-club, and I would join if it starts one.’
IESH started in August 2011, and it’s already some groups at this school. Hopefully more groups will get started in this first year!

No comments:

Post a Comment